Seal of Biliteracy
The California State Seal of Bilteracy is a program that recognizes high school graduates who have attained a high school level of proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in one or more languages in addition to English.Our vision is to help students recognize the value of their academic success and see the tangible benefits of being bilingual. The Seal of Bilteracy takes the form of a gold seal that appears on the transcript or diploma of the graduating senior and is a statement of accomplishment for future employers and college admissions.
- Complete all high school graduation requirements
- Complete all semesters of English with a 2.0 or higher GPA
- Earn a score of "Met Standards" or "Exceeded Standards" on the 11th grade SBAC ELA test.
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more languages other than English by fufilling ONE of the options of the Language Proficiency Options
- Fill out an application and turn it in by the deadline
Language Proficiency Options
- Advanced Placement Exam with a score of 3 or higher
- International Baccalaureate Exam with a score of 4 or higher
- SAT II foreign language exam score of 600 or higher
- Successfully complete four years of high school course study in a foreign language (example: Spanish 4 or above) with a 3.0 or higher GPA and oral proficiency in the language comparable to that required to pass an AP or IB examination.