Our mission is to deliver an exemplary education in a safe environment, which empowers students with the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for success in an ever-changing world.
Paso Robles High School is committed to fulfilling all of our student's educational needs by providing opportunities that challenge them to achieve their highest potential and to strive for individual excellence. It is our goal, in partnership with our community, to provide a safe and respectful learning community that prepares our sudents to become contributing members of our diverse, evolving, global society.
Built in 1892 on land donated by city founders, Blackburn and James, the original Paso Robles High School was a three-story brick school and was the first high school in the county.
The stately building had eight classrooms, two recitation rooms, an office, and a 600-seat auditorium on the third floor. After the San Francisco earthquake of 1906, the third story developed some cracks and was eventually removed. The entire building was razed in 1939 to make way for the Primary School (presently Marie Bauer School).
In 1924, a new high school was constructed in a grove of oak trees on the corner of Spring and 24th streets. This building, too, was built of the traditional Paso Robles brick. The auditorium was designed with state-of-the-art acoustics in a hope that Ignace Paderewski would use the stage for concert performances. Although that never happened, hundreds of students sang, danced, played and received diplomas in that gracious hall. Local theater groups also utilized the auditorium with performances of many Broadway musicals and plays.
Through the years, other amenities were added to the school grounds, including the gymnasium, the home economics building, science facilities, a woodshop, the agriculture building, a music room, and War Memorial Stadium. In the 1960's, the main building was completely refurbished. It remained in that general condition until it was damaged beyond repair in the 2003 San Simeon earthquake.
The third incarnation of Paso Robles High School and its current location on Niblick Road opened in 1980. The old high school became George H. Flamson Middle School.